Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum & Judson Memorial Church
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will not be able to host this regular live event in NYC. However, we invite you to "attend" the event digitally, at the regular date and time, as it premieres on our YouTube channel.
It will premiere on our YouTube channel at the regular lecture time, this Wednesday, July 8, 2020 at 7:30 PM EST. Details below; please feel free to circulate further as we welcome new audience members.
As US Capitalism Shakes, US Socialism Renews
- Mass unemployment undercuts US capitalism: tenants can’t pay rents, landlords can’t repay banks, employers close permanently;
- Trump vs Biden: neither are solutions, the choice is a symptom of system decline;
- What old socialist responses to today’s crisis would be;
- What new socialist solutions to today’s crisis could be.
In addition to Wolff’s discussion of the main topics above, he will also cover the following issues at the July 8, 2020, event:
- Why US capitalism has needed racism, and and how it has used it;
- Why US current protests against racism and police violence are so strong.
Requested Donation: The in person lectures in NYC were an important part of our regular fundraising that is no longer available to us. If you access the videos of these monthly updates posted on YouTube and our websites, we ask you to help defray costs of producing, video-taping, and distributing these videos.
You can donate one-time or monthly via our donate page. Alternately, you can become a monthly donor on the GCLEU Patreon. Thank you for your support!
Contributions to Democracy at Work are tax deductible.
New York, NY 10011
Google map and directions