The Rochdale principles should really be seen as a set, they all intertwine and relate to one another creating a web of interlaced necessities. What would an economy look like that would embody these principles in all businesses?
This week Kevin, Larry and Cinar discuss the Rochdale Principles as a whole, after their deep dive into each separate principle.
To review, the principles are as follows:
- Voluntary and open membership
- Democratic member control
- Member economic participation
- Autonomy and independence
- Education, training, and information
- Cooperation among cooperatives
- Concern for community
Learn more about these principles on the website of the International Cooperative Alliance and the ICA's Guidance Notes to the Co-operative Principles.