[S6 E01] New
Welcome to Season 6! In this episode of Capitalism Hits Home, Dr. Fraad dissects a harsh reality: the American empire is falling and the signs of its decline are everywhere. High divorce rates, low wages and high unemployment, mass shootings, shortened lifespan, election denials, price gouging, and war are all side effects of this American decline. We are not the empire we once were. When will we wake up to this reality?
Capitalism Hits Home is a Democracy At Work production. The show addresses the intersection of capitalism, class, and personal lives, and explores what is happening in the economic realm and its impact on our individual and social psychology.
We make it a point to provide the show free of ads. Please consider supporting our work. Learn about all the ways to support our work on our Donate page. Every donation counts! A special thank you to our devoted monthly donors (via both our website and Patreon) whose recurring contributions enable us to plan for the future.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher
LEARN MORE: Capitalism Hits Home with Dr. Harriet Fraad
READ MORE: Dr. Fraad's Recommended Reading List
FOLLOW US ONLINE:
- PATREON: https://www.patreon.com/democracyatwork
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/democracyatwrk
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/democracyatwrk
- TWITTER: https://www.twitter.com/democracyatwrk
- INSTAGRAM: https://instagram.com/democracyatwrk
- DAILYMOTION: https://www.dailymotion.com/democracyatwrk
- SHOP: Shop our Union, Co-op made MERCH in our gift shop
Check out the 2021 Hardcover edition of “Understanding Marxism,” with a new, lengthy introduction by Richard Wolff is available at: https://www.lulu.com/
“Marxism always was the critical shadow of capitalism. Their interactions changed them both. Now Marxism is once again stepping into the light as capitalism shakes from its own excesses and confronts decline.” - Richard Wolff
Check out all of [email protected]’s books: "The Sickness is the System," "Understanding Socialism," by Richard D. Wolff, and “Stuck Nation” by Bob Hennelly http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/democracyatwork
Dr. Harriet Fraad's Recommended Reading list: https://bookshop.org/lists/dr-harriet-fraad-recommended-reading-capitalism-hits-home
Buying books at bookshop.org supports the authors, independent bookstores and Democracy at Work!
- Capitalism's failures: https://theintercept.com/2022/12/24/christmas-capitalism-covid-climate-change/
- Billionaires: https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2022-covid-billionaires/?sref=xuVirdpv&utm_content=business&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
- China: https://cepr.net/china-is-the-worlds-largest-economy-get-over-it/
- Ukraine: https://www.giga-hamburg.de/en/publications/giga-focus/the-war-in-ukraine-and-latin-america-reluctant-support