- Mass unemployment undercuts US capitalism: tenants can’t pay rents, landlords can’t repay banks, employers close permanently
- Trump vs Biden: neither are solutions, the choice is a symptom of system decline
- What old socialist responses to today’s crisis would be
- What new socialist solutions to today’s crisis could be.
In addition to Wolff’s discussion of the main topics above, he will also cover the following issues at the July 8, 2020, event:
- Why US capitalism has needed racism, and and how it has used it
- Why US current protests against racism and police violence are so strong.
A special thank you to the following Patrons whose generous support makes this lecture series possible: Andrew ForrayiLorac; John Jones; Shropshire Morning Star supporters; Tyler Dilnot; mountainous dreams; Sharon Hanson; dokidokidango; Mahmood Nooshi; Michael DeFreitas; Laurence Shute; Humberto Najera and Matthew Kleu.
**Special message/appeal to internet viewers: please help sponsor GCLEU on Patreon at the $3 (or more) level. Your support helps cover the costs of producing and distributing these talks. Become a monthly donor: https://www.patreon.com/gcleu Make a one time donation to [email protected]: https://www.democracyatwork.info/donate