We are very excited to welcome Julianna Forlano as a new co-host of Capitalism Hits Home! She will be joining Dr. Harriet Fraad to discuss how capitalism affects our personal lives.
Julianna Forlano is a journalist, writer/performer, clinical therapist and professor. Currently a Senior Correspondent for act.tv, and the host of Waking Up with Julianna Forlano, she covers protests and left and progressive political activism. She has served as a Professor of Media Studies at the City University Of New York teaching broadcast journalism ethics, writing and various courses in new media. A licensed psychotherapist, Forlano has served as a behavioral psychotherapist and a personal empowerment coach in private practice for over 15 years. She specializes in counseling families affected by a loved one's addiction, healing traumas and the intersection of spirituality and psychotherapy. Julianna is a member of the [email protected] Board of Directors and is generously donating her time to this show.
She joins the show starting with Season 3 in September. Until then, we encourage you to take a look at some past collaborations with her and follow her on twitter at @JuliannaForlano.
From [email protected]
- Epstein: A Capitalist Saga - A CHH Special Live Event: February 2020. Dr. Harriet Fraad, host of Capitalism Hits Home was joined by radio and tv personality Julianna Forlano for a special CHH event to talk about what happened with Jeffrey Epstein, how and why it could happen and the question of justice.
- Economic Update: Economics of Conflicted Mothers: February 2019. The second half of the show features Prof. Wolff’s interview with journalist Julianna Forlano on economic costs and effects of a working mom in U.S. capitalism today.
- Economic Update: Economic Update: Distorting Economic Truths [CLIP]: April 2018. Clip of Prof Wolff’s interview with journalist and comedian Julianna Forlano on 'being funny in times like these.
- Dr. Harriet Fraad Interview: Coronavirus And The Psychological Implications Of A Pandemic: March 2020. Julianna sits down with Dr. Harriet Fraad to discuss how a pandemic like the coronavirus impacts our collective psychology. And how as new cases of the coronavirus pop up each day, and more group gatherings are canceled, the pandemic has begun to take a toll on all of our mental health— regardless of whether we’ve been physically impacted.
- Richard Wolff: The Crash IS Coming! What To Watch For: July 2020. Julianna welcomes back recurring guest, Marxian Economist Professor Richard D. Wolff, to the show to discuss how Economists are warning Americans that while the recent unemployment numbers were surprisingly positive, the long-term consequences of the pandemic could be severe joblessness for millions of Americans faced with permanent unemployment. And according to Professor Richard Wolff, there has been a widespread understanding among experts that a whole raft of jobs would be disappearing in the next five to 10 years.
Democracy at Work relies on donations from viewers to bring you weekly free content, and becoming a patron of one of our shows tells us which of our shows you love and want to support! You can become a patron of Capitalism Hits Home at www.patreon.com/capitalismhitshome.