[S11 E34] New
On this week's show, Prof. Wolff presents updates on the complexities of anti-vaccination movements, the long decline of religion in US capitalism, Disneys’s shift to serve the richest, lessons from AFL-CIO chief Richard Trumka's leadership, and failures of GOP, Dem leaders to stop last 75 years of decline of manufacturing in the US economy (driven by corporate profitability).
A special thank you to our devoted EU Patreon community whose contributions make this show possible each week.
Learn more about [email protected]'s NEW BOOK by award-winning print and broadcast journalist Robert "Bob" Hennelly. Stuck Nation: Can the United States Change Course on Our History of Choosing Profits Over People? at www.democracyatwork.info/books
“Hennelly brilliantly analyzes our capitalist crises and how individuals cope with them, tragically but often heroically. He helps us draw inspiration and realistic hope from how courageous Americans are facing and fixing a stuck nation.”- Richard D. Wolff
Follow us ONLINE:
Shop our CO-OP made MERCH: https://democracy-at-work-shop.myshopify.com/
Want to help us translate and transcribe our videos? Learn about joining our translation team: http://bit.ly/
Find quick and easy access to past episodes of Economic Update, including transcripts, on our EU Episode List page.
- The economics of organized religion in the US:
- Disney: https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/04/media/disney-star-wars-hotel-price/index.html
- Death of Richard Trumka: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/afl-cio-president-richard-trumka-leader-labor-rights-washington-dies-n1276070l-cio-president-richard-trumka-leader-labor-rights-washington-dies-n1276070
- Manufacturing: https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2019/12/is-the-decline-in-manufacturing-economically-normal/?utm_source=series_page&utm_medium=related_content&utm_term=related_resources&utm_campaign=fredblog
- Moody’s pays $2 billion for RMS: https://www.wsj.com/articles/moodys-to-buy-rms-in-bid-to-boost-climate-risk-business-11628180636